William Hughes Conkwright
- A confident, effective leader dedicated to his team members and driven by their success.
- Proven success developing and managing operational procedures and quality controls in the safety restraint market.
- Natural talent for recognizing resource inefficiencies with an excellent ability to gather and analyze data to support improved allocation of both human and financial assets.
Director of Operations: Seatbelt Solutions, Jupiter FL
Worked directly with company President & CEO establishing the ways
and means for consistent organic growth over two year period.
- Guided department managers using the Sangen Shui or “three reals” philosophy for solving manufacturing related problems.
- Established benchmarks for manufacturing, quality and sales departments. This included a performance-based incentive program along with imperically based suggestions on how to achieve department goals. These were all company firsts.
- Implemented lean manufacturing practices that resulted in a 15% net increase in output, a net decrease in labor and no significant increases to overhead cost.
- Conducted the first physical inventory in the company’s history. Esatblished the framework for a sustainable inventory management system.
- Reestablished strained business relationships with multiple key customers.
- Created the opportunity for significant diversification with overseas suppliers.
- Instigated the first direct retail marketing opportunity for company products.
Commercial Aviation Sales: Takata Protection Systems Inc. Pompano Beach, FL
Part of a two-person team focused on increasing passenger, pilot, co-pilot
and crew restraint sales in the commercial aviation market.
- Constantly seeking new opportunities for existing products or development of new products. Analyze market size, value, and potential profit margin of each opportunity.
- Successfully negotiated a sales contract with a world leader in the Aerospace and Defense market.
- Develop advanced pricing strategies and innovative marketing plans.
- Uncovered contractual loopholes that will result in approximately $1.3 M in added revenue.
- Analyze operational costs and the allocations of manufacturing overhead. Prepare cost-down proposals and suggest alternative strategies for reduced cost manufacturing.
- Track the status of all commercial aviation programs, prepare quotes, presentations, forecasts, and weekly status updates.
- Work closely with our Senior Purchasing Manager to procure lower-cost components.
- Travel extensively to show our products to potential customers.
- Act as a liaison between Sales, Engineering, and Operations to make samples and ensure orders are manufactured to customer specifications and delivered on time.
Process Engineer: Takata Protection Systems Inc. Pompano Beach, FL
Managed all aspects of new product development.
- Proposed the development of four new company products, FR undergarments, High Elevation Arc Welding, Swift Water Rescue, and Hunting Tree Stand harnesses. Received development funding for these projects totaling $480,000.
- Built prototype airbags, seatbelts, specialty restraints, and fire-resistant underwear.
- Wrote proposals and oversaw due diligence for potential acquisitions.
- Wrote manufacturing process documents and detailed manufacturing instructions.
- Worked with management to continuously improve operational procedures for airbag and seatbelt manufacturing.
- Performed operational audits in airbag and seatbelt manufacturing environment.
- Reviewed, analyzed, and recommended ways to improve corporate governance and policies. Member of the Piedmont Triad Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Courses were structured to emphasize the application of mathematical theories to real-world problems. Courses involved field data collection and analysis, determining mathematical solutions to hydraulic/hydrologic problems, and presenting results through Excel
and PowerPoint programs. Emphasis on teaching critical thinking skills as applied to environmental issues. Created and delivered an online course to teach adherence to and understanding of OSHA regualtions.
- Mentored underprivileged high school students in personal and professional development.
- Conducted group presentations on career opportunities, etiquette, and resume building.
- Certified by the AMGA (American Mountain Guide Association).
- Designed and installed a network of stream monitoring stations on a 6,000+ acre development.
- Appalachian State University – B.S. in Geographical Information Systems (2005)
- Virginia Tech – Studies in Urban & Environmental Planning and Policy (2000-03)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Staff Auditor: The Takata Corporation Greensboro, NC
Lead and assisted internal audits for North American corporate and manufacturing
TEACHING & MENTORING EXPERIENCE
Pamlico Community College, North Carolina
LIFT (Leadership Information for Tomorrow) Program Volunteer, Oriental, North Carolina
Algebra, Triginometry, Developmental Math, Environmental Science & Occupational Health Instructor